Urban Sketching

While the Workshop with Ernst restarted my journey with watercolors, it is the Urban Sketching that has kept it going. I have come to know of this Urban sketching concept in 2016 and joined the local urban sketchers group in October of that year. I saw the monthly meetings being organised in the city where the interested people just get together at a specific location and sketch. I thought that was a fantastic idea to get the people with the same interest together. Being an introvert in addition to the language barrier, i could not take the leap to join the meetings. But in the workshop with Ernst, i have experienced the joy of painting outdoors and was as well able to converse enough in German.

After coming back from the workshop, i attended the sketch crawl orgainsed in Buxtehude, a small town near Hamburg where an art fair was as well being held on that weekend. I was very much excited to be attending it while at the same had a lot of anxiety. I was not sure if i would be able to get along with the group. Anyways, i took the leap and there was as well another Indian girl Aparna who came to the event. That made things a little easier. Here is my first urban sketch done on site. I took almost 3 hrs to complete it.

My first Urban Sketch


From then on, i look forward to every urban sketchers meeting here. For lack of time, I mostly do the sketches in these meetings and paint them when I get back home.

I can't emphasize how much these urban sketching meetings have helped me to keep the watercolor journey going. Also, helps to fight the fear of painting in crowded places.

There is now a urban sketchers group in almost every major city. If there is one in your city and you like sketching or painting, do join to keep your hobby alive. If there is none, you could just start one.

Below are some of the sketches I have done so far in the meetings.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning Of Watercolor Journey

1. Anthurium

2. Speicherstadt, Hamburg